For His Glory: A Kaleidoscope of Wisdom is a collection of meaningful and powerful reflections from real life experiences coupled with practical biblical wisdom. Going beyond the normal inspirational book, For His Glory unveils a kaleidoscope of commonsense precepts that challenges the reader to discover the wonders of living for God's glory. Eye-opening, life changing and easy to understand, For His Glory will enrich your life. See what others are saying and take a peek inside by Clicking Here! Also available on Kindle by CLICKING HERE!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Case of the Blues


Share 
I should have foreknown that as soon as I started writing that there would be a shortage of time. The last week has been both rewarding and tasking. As I sit at the computer this morning, I am weary.

Weariness can have a terrible toll on the spirit of a person. It can be used by the devil to gain a foothold into a person’s life. The devil came to tempt Jesus after he had fasted forty days. His first temptation was to turn rocks into bread. When I am tire. I am tempted to bathe in the pool of self-pity and cloth myself in the “blues”, neither of which help me shed the weariness. What am I to do?

I follow the example of Jesus and spend time in the word and prayer (Mark 1:35) and I choose to engulf myself in joy! Today my clothing will not match. I will wear a wild funny tie or no tie at all. I’ll dance with my wife before she goes to work, walk the dogs longer, smell the roses, and treat myself to a morning at the computer writing about Lord.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Galatians 6:9)

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms 118:24)

If you enjoy Pastor Jim's Wit and Wisdom, then you will love his book For His Glory: A Kaleidoscope of Wisdom. Take a peek on the inside and see what others have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment